Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT shell and events

Hi,

The vertical scrollbar belongs to the Text box, so when you move the
mouse over it , MouseTrack event is produced, thus popup.dispose()
will be executed.

In fact, I still does not understand well about what kind of
funtionality you want to implement and what kind of problems you want
to solve. If  you can explain more about the background of this
problem, we can give you more helpful information.

Best wishes,

On 3/13/10, Kurt Sultana <kurtanatlus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm developing an Eclipse plug-in and I have a problem which is reproduced
> in this small SWT application:

>     Display display = new Display();
>     Shell shell = new Shell(display);
>     Text text = new Text(shell, SWT.MULTI | SWT.WRAP | SWT.READ_ONLY |
> SWT.V_SCROLL);
>     text.setText("Hello");
>     shell.setLayout(new FillLayout());
>     shell.addMouseTrackListener(new MouseTrackListener() {
>
>       public void mouseEnter(MouseEvent arg0) {
>         System.out.println("mouseEnter");
>
>       }
>
>       public void mouseExit(MouseEvent arg0) {
>         System.out.println("mouseExit");
>
>       }
>
>       public void mouseHover(MouseEvent arg0) {
>         System.out.println("mouseHover");
>
>       }
>     });
>     // Display the window
>     shell.open();
>     while (!shell.isDisposed()) {
>       if (!display.readAndDispatch()) {
>         display.sleep();
>       }
>     }
>     display.dispose();
>   }
>
> As you can see I'm creating a shell and putting a Textbox inside it and
> putting it all across the shell. Then I attach a MouseTrackListener to the
> shell. The events don't fire (as in when I hover in the shell "mouseHover"
> is not printed etc). When I remove the Textbox the events fire. Can anyone
> tell me where the problem lies please? I don't want to attach a listener to
> the textbox but to the shell because if I attach it to the textbox, then the
> shell would dispose when I touch the scrollbar.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Krt_Malta

Back to the top