Re: [platform-swt-dev] debugging SWT

Hi,

This is not something that's done here during swt development, so we don't have any instructions or experience to pass along.  It's rare that swt's C/C++ code needs to be debugged because most of it is generated, and is responsible for just making an OS call (fprintf has proven to be adequate here).

Googling came across:
- http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/DebuggingJNICandJavacodeinEclipse looks promising
- http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=670308 suggests a Visual Studio approach, which may have a corresponding approach in the linux world

HTH,
Grant

Tyler Durvik <phangbyte@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/06/09 09:04 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] debugging SWT

I am working on debugging some code I added to the SWT library on the
C side.  Are there instructions anywhere that would show my how to
step through my code from the Java side to the C side in Eclipse using
Fedora?

Thanks