[platform-swt-dev] Re: Properties view selected cell editor mouse event delay on cocoa

Hello,

Does anyone think this is an SWT issue?

Rob

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Rob Gansevles <rgansevles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

We are using the Properties view in our application and have the cell editor pop-up a menu on a click event in the activated cell.
This works fine on all OSes but there is an annoying delay for the user on the mac.

On the mac after the first click (which creates and activates the cell editor in the properties view entry) the second click within a second or so does not go to the cell editor but to the properties view tree.
If the user waits a sec the click does go to the cell editor and all works fine.

The problem is that this delay is really annoying.
Does anyone know why this delay exists and what can be done about it?

This delay exists since our upgrade from eclipse 3.3 to 3.5.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_3.5.0.v3550b
org.eclipse.jface_3.5.0.I20090525-2000
Java build 1.6.0_15

I have also created a small SWT/Jface standalone app that shows the same problem.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Back to the top