[platform-swt-dev] XULRunner in child process

I'm using SWT's XULRunner hook to do some web page saving inside a Tomcat webapp. The code pretty much just opens a xvfb-based SWT Mozilla web browser and then uses some XPCOM calls to write it out. It all works perfectly when I run just the tomcat server. But when I use a Java Service Wrapper to execute the Tomcat server with the similar type of environment (environment variables, classpaths, vm args, and user) it consistently gives me a JVM crash/core dump before it even gets to the interesting XPCOM calls. Something originating in libxul.so through libswt-gtk.so. Because this only happens on a remote server where I don't have a good deployment strategy setup, it's been a bit difficult to debug. I'm assuming there is something vaguely different about the environments that I'm not catching.

I just wanted to check if there was anything particularly buggy or tricky about using a SWT/XULRunner app from within a child process or anyone else has had problems/successes running SWT apps from a Java Service Wrapped headless Tomcat?

I'm running XULRunner 1.9.0.13, the libswt-gtk-3550 build, and Sun's 6u7 JVM.

Cheers,
Ryan Levering

Back to the top