Re: [platform-swt-dev] help:why swt browser and xulrunner...

Hi,

This works for me with xulrunner 1.8.1.3 and 1.9.1.  However, instead of creating the prefs.js file myself I had mozilla write it, which could be the difference.  Try the following:

- launch an swt Browser with style SWT.MOZILLA
- navigate to about:config
- right-click in the preferences table and select New > String
  -> set its name and value in the subsequent prompters
- close your swt app
- take a look at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\eclipse\prefs.js

My test case was to set "capability.policy.default.Window.open" to "noAccess", and then I viewed the page below.

<script type="text/_javascript_">
    setTimeout("window.open('http://www.eclipse.org', 'Dialog', 'width=400, height=400');", 3000);
</script>
This test uses _javascript_ to open a new window after 3 seconds.

HTH,
Grant

Back to the top