Re: [platform-swt-dev] avoiding keys translation, getting raw platform key events

Key events have two fields: character and keyCode. The keyCode might be what you are looking for. It is 'j' when you press 'Ctrl+j'.

Silenio

From: Mateusz Fiołka <mateusz.fiolka@xxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10/13/2009 04:44 PM
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] avoiding keys translation,        getting raw platform key events
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm trying to use swt for developing a simple file manager. The problem I'm facing is related to key handling. Currently I'm on Linux, using gtk swt version. If I try to act on some key events I get filtered and translated key bindings. For example: ctrl+j is translated to Enter key.
Is there some way to get the "raw" keys?

Thanks,
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx