Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT_AWT on Mac, first impressions

> I'm using Java 6 on OS X 10.6, not 10.5. I haven't run into any focus issues
> like you describe on Snow Leopard, but that's with my latest code I checked
> in yesterday.

We can cross-check on the system that shows the problem. Unfortunately
the latest nightly build failed so we either have to wait for the next
succesful nightly or to get the code directly from CVS. I could
probably help Patrick (the dev who found the problem) to set up the
latter, this could prove handy for fast testing of your work (I will
see if we both have spare time for that).

> It seems odd to me that 1.5 would work but 1.6 would not work on Leopard, as
> the AWT isn't that dramatically different from 1.5 to 1.6.

In 1.6, there is the new work from Sun to fix the
lightweight/heavyweight issue. The low level shaping/clipping
algorithm is not implemented in the Mac JRE (which would be very
handy...) but all the rest is there I think. I don't know how it could
affect focus handling but I don't think we can say that AWT hasn't
changed.

-Christopher

Back to the top