Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT_AWT on Mac, first impressions

>>> I suspect they are. SWT_AWT has a lot in common with the Browser
>>> implementation, and I don't transfer focus to the embedded shell's
>>> content when the shell gets 'focus'.
>>
>> Is it something you are planning to work on? Should we open a bug to track
>> this?
>
> If you have a test case, that would be great. I think I can come up with one
> if you don't have a small one.

The simple browser example I attached to bug 246929 should be enough:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=147590

I have more information regarding a nasty issue that a developer who
is helping me with testing has found. Here is what he has to say:

"
I had the best results with the J2SE 5.0 64bits (the Mac Mini is a 64
bits machine) which is:
java version "1.5.0_20"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_20-b02-315)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_20-141, mixed mode)

At least I could give the focus to the native browser, which is not
the case when using the latest Java SE 6 64bits which is:
java version "1.6.0_15"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-226)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-92, mixed mode)

To click on a button or link in the browser you have to double-click,
and input fields are not usable at all.
"

So it seems the browser is unusable under Java 6 because of this focus
issue. Would it be linked to the embedded Shell not transfering the
focus issue you mentioned?

-Christopher

Back to the top