Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using UpdateLayeredWindow from SWT

Make sure the window has the WS_EX_LAYERED style bit set. See Shell.setAlpha().

Silenio

From: Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/03/2009 07:45 PM
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Using UpdateLayeredWindow from SWT
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey,

Does anyone on this list have experience using UpdateLayeredWindow
from within the SWT? I see it's defined in OS.java and in the DLL but
no matter what I do the call always fails (returns false) and
GetLastError is always 0. And, nothing updates on the screen.

I'm using this to implement a non-rectangular splash window. I know
about Snippet219, but that doesn't allow for images of varying alpha,
particularly at the edges. With the image I am using, I end up with a
band around the image.

I still need to check with VC to ensure that the Win32 call is
actually being invoked, but I wanted to check here if there's
something odd about the generated code  because nothing within the SWT
uses it.

-- Scott