Re: [platform-swt-dev] New SWT Component Lead

+1

Kevin Barnes/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
16/06/2009 11:35 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] New SWT Component Lead

+1 for SSQ as lead.
-Kevin

Carolyn MacLeod/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Carolyn MacLeod/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/16/2009 11:26 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [platform-swt-dev] New SWT Component Lead

Just to clarify, I asked about the process for nominating/electing a new
Component Lead (aka Project Lead), and it is here:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#4_6_Leaders

The pertinent sentences are:

"Project Leads are approved by the EMO(ED). The initial Project Leadership
is appointed and approved in the Creation Review. Subsequently, additional
Project Leadership ... must be elected by the Project's Committers and ...
[then approved by the] EMO(ED). ... Until such time as the Foundation
portal supports Project Leader elections, an election held on the
Project's developer mailing list will suffice."

So this email is an election, and all SWT Committers need to reply.

Thanks,
Carolyn

From:
Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
To:
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Re: [platform-swt-dev] New SWT Component Lead

+1.

I couldn't imagine a better choice.

McQ.

Carolyn MacLeod---15/06/2009 12:24:58---+1

Carolyn MacLeod/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

15/06/2009 12:24

Re: [platform-swt-dev] New SWT Component Lead

+1

Silenio knows SWT inside and out. He is very capable of taking on this
role.

Carolyn