From: Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list. <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 21 May, 2009 22:29:59
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Information needed regarding Flex container for SWT

On 5/21/09 9:46 AM, "varadarajan A" <varadarajana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am currently looking out to create a Java Application which can embed Flex
> UI. I need this application to be in Java so that I can reuse some of the
> non-ui components across other projects. So I am looking out for a container
> for Flex files. I saw some articles on e4 project providing Flex components
> wrapped around Java, is there a way to extend this to have a single container
> where I can pass values to my Flex custom component (In my case this is an
> entire Flex application that I already have) initialization?

The way to do this today is to use a Browser widget that loads a URL with
your Flex application. I'm not enough of an HTML/Flex wizard to know how you
would go about passing data to the Flex application, but I would imagine you
could pass data at load time in the URL that loads the application.

Others on this list can talk about the e4/Flex work, but since you want to
use other Java components I don't believe that work will help you today.

-- Scott K.