From: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carolyn MacLeod
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:04 AM
To: Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] problem with selection and drag and drop event

Please provide more information so we can help you.

What type of control is your "content pane"?

- If it is an SWT control, please ask this question on the SWT newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform.swt
        and please provide an SWT snippet that shows the problem. Here are some SWT drag & drop snippets to get you started: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/#dnd

- If it is a JFace "Pane" (ViewPane, EditorPane, PartPane, etc), then please ask this question on the Eclipse UI/JFace newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform
        and please provide a JFace snippet that shows the problem. Here are some JFace snippets to get you started: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JFaceSnippets

Thanks,
Carolyn

"Khodke (EXT), Pravin" <pravin.khodke.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

03/20/2009 06:50 AM

[platform-swt-dev] problem with selection and drag and drop event

Dear All,
I need to drag the object from one view and drop it in another view but as soon as I select the object to drag my content pane reacts soon and opens the object instead of dropping.

The problem here is, the selection event occurs first when I tries to drag the object.

So is it possible to stop executing the selection event if the drag is detected so that I can drop the object in the content pane.
 I mean is it possible to stop the execution of the selection event if the drag event is coupled with.

Thanks and Regards,
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx