Re: [platform-swt-dev] FScript - Smalltalk on OS X

F-Script is cool, but (at least the last time I tried it) is pretty slow. Probably not an issue for the kinds of things you are doing.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Scott Kovatch ---23/02/2009 17:49:08---Hi, Since a number of folks on this list are old Smalltalk hanScott Kovatch ---23/02/2009 17:49:08---Hi, Since a number of folks on this list are old Smalltalk hands (okay, maybe just Steve N. :-) ) I

Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

23/02/2009 17:49

[platform-swt-dev] FScript - Smalltalk on OS X

Hi,

Since a number of folks on this list are old Smalltalk hands (okay, maybe just Steve N. :-) ) I wanted to pass along information about this very handy tool I discovered.

F-Script is a scripting layer and interactive Cocoa development tool. That’s cool by itself if you are into Smalltalk, but the main thing that got me interested, and why I’m using it regularly now is that it has a visual object browser and event tracker, much like Spy++ for Windows. You can click on a window of a running application and you get an outline of the view hierarchy where you clicked and then you can inspect the properties of those views. It really came in handy last week when I was doing some debugging on SWT embedding and now I’m using it on a regular basis.

<
http://www.fscript.org/>

-- Scott

Scott Kovatch
Flex Engineering
Adobe Systems, Inc.

skovatch@xxxxxxxxx

I am Scott Kovatch, and I approved this message.