Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT JRE 1.5.0 Mac PowerPc

Hi Vinh

Hmm I'm not sure I understand... First question is, why does it works on windows and not mac then?

Maybe it is not how I should do (sorry I'm both SWT and java beginner) but I create a main form in the class entry point like that:

/public static void main(String[] args) {
       app = new AppMain();
   }
public AppMain() {
       mainForm = new MainForm(this);
       mainForm.init();
}/

and then in the MainForm.init(), I do:

/ shell.setLayout(new FillLayout()); shell.setSize (800, 600);
shell.open();
displayGlobalSettingsForm();
while (!shell.isDisposed()) {
   if (!display.readAndDispatch()) {
       display.sleep();
   }
}
if(appGlobalSettings.isDirty()) {
   appGlobalSettings.save();
}
display.dispose();    /

Is that wrong?

Sorry I dont know what's a UI thread... and I'm not sure what you mean by modifying the UI. I see my app and I got my first error when I set a path with a browse button, on mac the finder to select the path appears and then I see the error in the terminal. While I have none in windows.

What can I do? and do you have some example somewhere of how I should properly do things?

Thanks again for your help.

Romu

Vinh Hoang wrote:
In swt, there's only one UI thread. Meaning all things modify the UI in some form must go through that one thread. That thread is usually where you created your display object. You're getting invalid thread access, it means that you are trying to modify the UI in a non-UI thread. In order to modify the UI thread, you need to do something like
Display.getDefault().asyncExec(new Runnable(){
  public void run(){
     //modify ui Code
  }
};