[platform-swt-dev] Problem with disposing swt widgets

Hi

We are using some custom SWT widgets in our application. My problem is that every time I open a Widget, the instance count increase by one for this object and all its children (Observed using JProfiler). But when I close that panel the instance count doesn’t decrease accordingly.

I have associated disposeListers with all theses widgets which calls the overridden dispose() method of the widgets. I have verified that this works fine and widgetDisposed events are properly captured and dispose() method actually gets called.

But this doesn’t reduce instance count in anyway, which keeps on increasing linearly with each Open operation of the widget.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am using jre 1.5.09 and also have tried this out at jre 1.6

Regards

Sikhar J. Saikia | Lead Engineering | GlobalLogic Inc.
The Global Product Development Leader

USA | INDIA | UKRAINE | CHINA

B-23, Sector 58, Noida 201301, U.P

Office:  +91-120-406-2000 x <2539> | Mobile +91-9810637824

Fax: +91-120-258-5721

www.globallogic.com

InfoWorld Award Winner for Agile Innovation

Backed by Sequoia, NEA and New Atlantic Ventures (part of the DFJ network), GlobalLogic partners with emerging and established technology companies to help them accelerate great products to market. GlobalLogic has developed a unique model that combines distributed Agile methods, innovative open source-based tools, and global teams of world-class engineers to dramatically shorten product development cycles. GlobalLogic has ongoing partnerships with more than 140 technology companies and has completed over 800 major product releases over the past six years, including 300 in the last 12 months with a better than 95% on-time delivery. Headquartered in Vienna,Virginia, GlobalLogic has global development centers in the US, India, China and Ukraine. By leveraging its InfoWorld award-winning method and platform, GlobalLogic Velocity™, its global facilities and world-class engineers, clients gain rapid time-to-market, improved quality and reduced development expense.

Disclaimer: http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt

Back to the top