[platform-swt-dev] Turning off -XstartOnFirstThread

Title: Turning off -XstartOnFirstThread
Hi,

I was trying to debug my new_Shell support in the Cocoa port, but doing so means running an AWT-based application. That means I don’t want “-XstartOnFirstThread”, but because the SWT is found in the path (or, more specifically, “org.eclipse.swt” is found in an argument) the Mac OS X launch support plugin is adding it to the argument list.

I hacked together a new version of that plugin that bypasses setting that argument if “-DusingAWT=true” is found as a VM argument. If you’re interested in a copy of this plugin, let me know and I’ll send it to you.

There are bugs closely related to this already filed, but not this particular problem, which is admittedly an odd one, but I thought this might be of use to someone.

Scott Kovatch
Flex Engineering
Adobe Systems, Inc.
skovatch@xxxxxxxxx

I am Scott Kovatch, and I approved this message.

Back to the top