Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT-in-AWT in Cocoa port

My original statement about what is embedded in what isn't quite correct.
The first framework to create the NSApplication and start it running will be
the event dispatcher, since you can only have one NSApplication running in a
process.

So, if a Display object is created before the AWT is loaded and is
processing events in the SWT while loop, it will be the dispatcher.  If the
AWT loads first, it loads its own NSApplication, and we need to stay out of
the way, particularly if the Display was created off Thread-0.  That means
not attempting to handle events and not loading the default nib.

Scott

On 9/4/08 10:42 AM, "Silenio Quarti" <Silenio_Quarti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We should support both ways.
>
> It is not clear to me that AWT will always be the event dispatcher when SWT is
> embed in AWT. It is possible to open a toplevel AWT frame when running an SWT
> app and embed SWT widgets in that frame.
>
> Silenio
>

> Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/03/2008 05:01 PM
> Please respond to
> "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
> <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
> <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
> Subject
> [platform-swt-dev] SWT-in-AWT in Cocoa port
>

> Hi,
>
> For the Cocoa port, the AWT-inside-SWT use case is now working. Are we aiming
> to support the SWT-inside-AWT case? I know we¹re going for complete support
> here, but I thought I¹d double-check.
>
> What will make this an interesting problem to solve is that the Display needs
> to recognize when it¹s embedded in the AWT, and not create a menu bar or
> attempt to be an event dispatcher, since the AWT already has an instance of
> NSApplication running.
>
> Scott K.

Back to the top