Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT-in-AWT in Cocoa port

We should support both ways.

It is not clear to me that AWT will always be the event dispatcher when SWT is embed in AWT. It is possible to open a toplevel AWT frame when running an SWT app and embed SWT widgets in that frame.

Silenio

Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/03/2008 05:01 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] SWT-in-AWT in Cocoa port

Hi,

For the Cocoa port, the AWT-inside-SWT use case is now working. Are we aiming to support the SWT-inside-AWT case? I know we’re going for complete support here, but I thought I’d double-check.

What will make this an interesting problem to solve is that the Display needs to recognize when it’s embedded in the AWT, and not create a menu bar or attempt to be an event dispatcher, since the AWT already has an instance of NSApplication running.

Scott K.

Scott Kovatch
Flex Engineering
Adobe Systems, Inc.

skovatch@xxxxxxxxx

I am Scott Kovatch, and I approved this message.