[platform-swt-dev] A suggestion on the native code regeneration

Hi,

After a bit of thrashing, I finally figured out why I couldn't get my native
code changes to rebuild.

I was following along on this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/jnigen.php

but I kept getting an ant failure because it couldn't find the
"eclipse.refreshLocal" directive.  After a google search I found that you
have to run the ant script in the same Java VM that's running Eclipse!

Right-click on the build.xml in Eclipse SWT PI/cocoa/library, and choose
"Run As -> Ant Build...", and then select the JRE tab. Check the "Run in the
same JRE as the workspace" and you're all set.

This seems like an important enough piece of information that you should add
it to the instructions. Can someone please do that to avoid future
hair-pulling episodes? Thanks.

-- Scott K.

Back to the top