Re: [platform-swt-dev] Export to Spreadsheet/tabulated data file module?

IMHO, the functionality you describe would not fit as part of SWT, since it isn't related to user interface components or native integration. However, you could make a case for adding it to the JFace TableViewer or providing it as a helper class in the JFace packages. Try the eclipse.platform newsgroup.

Then again, I'm just an observer here and can't speak for the SWT team.

--
Peter Centgraf

Andre-John Mas wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a module for allowing importing/exporting of tabulated data to a spreadsheet type file?

On the condition that there isn't I am thinking of a module that can take data in a tabulated format and export to any supported tabulated data file, such as Excel, CSV, tab-delimited, etc. A possible interface being:

  interface TabulatedDataExporter {

      public List listSupportedExportFormats();

      public void export ( headerNames, data, columnTypes,
                           exportFormat, filePath );
  }

I have never developed for SWT before, but this idea cropped up as possible solution to a need in Eclipse.

Andre