Re: [platform-swt-dev] libswt-pi-carbon-xxx.jnilib rebult on Leopard Intel doesn't work on Tiger PPC

What function are you trying to use? If the function is only available in Leopard, you have to load it dynamically and only call it using a version check. Use the JNIGeneratorAppUI tool from org.eclipse.swt.tools project to mark the function dynamic and generate the source of "os.c".  See this page for some instructions:

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/jnigen.php

Silenio

"Yolian Ignatov" <yolian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/18/2008 12:55 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] libswt-pi-carbon-xxx.jnilib rebult on Leopard        Intel doesn't work on Tiger PPC

In the context of the Eclipse plug-in org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx, I
need to define a new native function in org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS
which will work on DataBrowser and which I will use then in
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.

1. I import the mentioned plug-in as source in my Eclipse workspace.

2. I declare my native function in org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.

3. I provide the implementation and the other details in the
respective os*.{c,h} files just like the other functions
officially-defined functions.

4. Then I rebuild libswt-pi-carbon-xxx.jnilib on Leopard with Xcode
3.0 in the following way:
 4.1. I change into the root of the org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx
plug-in source tree in Terminal.
 4.2. I execute "export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3".
 4.3. Then I run "make -f make_macosx.mak
libswt-pi-carbon-3448.jnilib" (the 3448 really depends on the SWT
version with which I'm working).

The resulting library and the added function work as expected on
Leopard Intel and Tiger Intel. It's part of an RCP product.

Unfortunately, another person trying to use the modified library on
Tiger PPC (i.e. run the RCP product I provide) reports that it doesn't
work. The added problem is that I cannot get more specifics.

Could you please advise as to what could the reason for the failure of
the rebuilt library on Tiger PPC could be and how I should try to fix
it?

Thanks in advance,
Yolian