Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using SWT Cocoa as the Eclipse GUI?

On 6/28/08 7:54 PM, "donahchoo@xxxxxxx" <donahchoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm very excited about the SWT Cocoa port and would like to test drive
> in Eclipse.  Is it even possible to use the SWT Cocoa as the theme for
> Eclipse 3.4?  If so, how?  I haven't found anything about how to
> actually do this.  I assume this means its not possible/realistic at
> this point, but wanted to check.

You can play with the SWT Cocoa port to run some of the widget examples, but
it's not quite ready for use to run Eclipse itself just yet. I am hearing
reports from some folks that they can use what's there now for their
projects (which I find impressive/amazing) but it has some ways to go before
it's ready to take the Carbon version's place.

Scott

--
Scott Kovatch
Adobe Systems Inc.

"I don't mind change -- I just don't like being there when it happens." --
Monk

Back to the top