Re: [platform-swt-dev] Porting eclipse to macosx-gtk-x86

There was also an unofficial Mac port running GTK a while back.  I remember fixing a few bugs for it, although it was not a supported platform and never made it to a download.

Jim White <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2008 04:43 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Porting eclipse to macosx-gtk-x86

The new Cocoa stuff is almost certainly the way to go, but if you're
going to fiddle with gtk the little port of the Motif version to macosx
I did way back before Carbon was working properly might be some help
(although probably not much since so much has changed).

http://pagesmiths.com/eclipse/

Jim