[platform-swt-dev] Browser on Linux vs "navigator.product"/"navigator.productSub"

Hi,

I use the SWT Browser to embed the FCKeditor, which is piloted using
Javascript. All worked fine until I tested under Linux where it does
not work.

The root cause is that FCKeditor uses a Javascript compatibility check
that fails under Linux (Ubuntu, Gnome, XULRunner): "navigator.product"
returns an empty String where I think "Gecko" is expected.
The general problem is that many advanced web sites use Javascript and
have such compatibility checks.

Is it expected, or is it a bug? If it is a bug, then I would open a
bug report in Bugzilla.

Note that the complete test in case of FCKeditor for Gecko is:
navigator.product == "Gecko" && navigator.productSub >= 20030210

The online FCKeditor demo page shows the problem: http://www.fckeditor.net/demo

-Christopher

Back to the top