Re: [platform-swt-dev] Cocoa SWT Java 6 64 bit ?

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Steve Northover
<Steve_Northover@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, you caught us. We haven't done any work to make the cocoa port run
> 64-bit.  That normally happens after we have everything running 32-bit.  The
> strategy that we use is a bit tedious (look for /*long*/ in SWT code on
> Windows and GTK) but in the end, it means that we are optimized at runtime
> for the architecture.  Given the state of the coca port (a prototype that we
> are about to ramp up on), the fact that we are not 64-bit happy will be
> added to the other numerous work items.

Speaking of which ... the cocoa 'id' value uses int in the Java
bindings. Shouldn't that be long?

It would be great if the constructors of the NSxxx objects took an
'id' arg as well as a 'long' arg as that would make casting from one
to another much easier.

Yes, I filed a bug, and yes, it got closed as a duplicate of
'regenerate bindings' but I thought I'd mention the whole int-vs-long
thing here since we were talking 64 bit.

Alex

Back to the top