[platform-swt-dev] FontDialog behavior on different platforms

Dear list,

I am developing a cross platform Eclipse RCP application and I am having issues with the FontDialog implementation on these different platforms. It seems that Windows is the only platform that has a dropdown to select a color. Other platforms such as Mac OS and Linux (maybe others too, haven't tested it) don't have this option. Developing an RCP application that supports selection for Fonts and Colors is therefore very painful. According to this VB sample: http://www.java2s.com/Code/VB/GUI/Fontdialogturncoloroptionon.htm the color selection part in the dialog is an option that can be turned of. Shouldn't the FontDialog honor this option, so I can disable the color selection in the FontDialog and use another mechanism (like ColorSelector/ColorDialog) to set the font's color.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

regards,

Kenneth

Back to the top