Re: [platform-swt-dev] Is anyone actively working on the SWT Cocoa bindings?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Scott Kovatch <skovatch@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>
> I made a minor bug report against the Cocoa bindings (#223753) and submitted
> a patch, and was very pleased to see it committed the next day (thanks to
> Kevin Barnes). I would be willing and able to work more on finding & fixing
> bugs, but I am concerned by the general lack of activity and discussion in
> the Cocoa department. Is there any concerted effort underway to get the
> Cocoa port finished, or is it expected to languish until the post-Ganymede
> timeframe?

I'm working on the copy-and-paste stuff for Cocoa, and have been
putting a few patches forwards. The focus of the core SWT developers
is on polishing the non-Cocoa ports at the moment, but are relatively
happy if people submit patches for code in my experience (though there
are some outstanding patches that I've filed against the SWT/Cocoa
port that haven't yet been addressed ...)

> That said, while I would agree there hasn't been much in the way of
> discussion, and things could be more active, I wouldn't call it lethargic,
> either. As you mentioned, Kevin Barnes has been pretty active, and I know
> that Cocoa's capabilities are being considered when adding new API. Activity
> will happen when there's a demand, and that demand is growing.

Good to know there's support internally. And looking forward to your
efforts too, Scott!

Alex

Back to the top