Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT_AWT bridge enhancements for dual-process approaches

Thanks Kirill.

I heard about this project before, but I believe its goal is different
from mine.
Quoting from the project page:
"Initially, the Albireo project will be focused on support for
embedding Swing components (and their associated dialogs) into SWT and
RCP applications."

What I am doing is the reverse, which has a lot of problems when you
push the SWT_AWT bridge too far. My dual-process approach (in place
and fully working) shows that it really is much better, but I had to
use undocumented APIs.

This is the reason why I propose these additions to the API, and I am
sure they can benefit other people in other multi-process cases.

Cheers,
-Christopher

Back to the top