Re: [platform-swt-dev] kombining GLCanvas/Composite and Button classes into one class

Hi Peter,
as a general rule you should not subclass Button (or so say the Button javadocs), so option II is the way to go.
However you cannot implement Button; you should just subclass Composite, and pretend you are implementing Button (just the methods you are interested in: I imagine you'll want addSelectionListener, for instance).

peto <peter.fodrek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear conference,

I am t o to design own class for openGL rendered Button. I am to combine
Button and Composite and add GLCanvas object into Composite part of me class.

I was metioned two way to do so

I.
OglButton extends Buttton implements Composite{
private Composite LocalComposite;
void changed(Control[] changed)
{
LocalComposite.changed(changed);
}

}

or II.
OglButton extends Composite implements Button{
// same binding as above
}

Could anyone reply me which is recomended way to create such new widget,
please? (I know about paint listener)

I look forward heraing from you

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek