[platform-swt-dev] porting SWT to a new GUI toolkit

I was wondering if there were any tools to assist in porting SWT to a new GUI platform. Say for example, I wanted to port it to a 2D GUI toolkit based on JOGL. Are there tools to help bootstrap the process, or would I have to handcode the whole thing? Is there a skeleton SWT that I could just plug code into? The goal would be an eclipse that would be a full member of a 3D environment.

Yes, I know that Swing can be placed on top of OpenGL. I already know Swing, and I'd like to learn SWT.

John

Back to the top