[platform-swt-dev] RuntimeException and VM death

I've noticed that in a couple of places where I've introduced a
RuntimeException (NPE or ClassCastException) in callbacks from the UI
that it's taken out the VM. For example, implementing setEnabled on a
ToolBar, I accidentally introduced an NPE which resulted in the VM
dying. There didn't seem to be any output printed to System.out; just
the death of the (example) application.

Is there a standard place where events are funnelled in from the UI in
a place that one could wrap suitable checks for RuntimeException to
stop them going back into Obj-C, or is there only a standard place for
events being delivered in the other direction?

Alex.

Back to the top