[platform-swt-dev] SWT- New appointment in Outlook

Hi all,

I am trying to create a new-appointment dialog. After pressing the save button on the dialog, all information of the new appointment, such as starting/ending time  starting /ending date and location, are saved into database as well as synchronize to the Outlook calendar. I came up with a couple of idea, but none of them is successful. These are idea I have:

1. I created my own dialog to get the information of new appointment and then saved them into database. Moreover I used the information to create vcalendar (.vcs) and let the user to import to Outlook. The problem are the it is inconvenient for the user and it causes the duplication of the same imported appointment.

2. I used SWT to call new appointment dialog from Outlook regarding to the example I got from http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform.swt/msg28303.html:
   Display display = new Display();
   Shell shell = new Shell(display);
   OleFrame frame = new OleFrame(shell, SWT.NONE);
   OleClientSite site = new OleClientSite(frame, SWT.NONE, "OVCtl.OVCtl");
   site.doVerb(OLE.OLEIVERB_INPLACEACTIVATE);
   OleAutomation auto = new OleAutomation(site);
   int[] dispIDs = auto.getIDsOfNames(new String[] {"NewAppointment"});
   auto.invoke(dispIDs[0]); //open inspector for new appointment
   auto.dispose();
   shell.dispose();
   display.dispose();
}

However in this case, I have no idea how to get the information of new appointment
on the dialog.

Is there any way to access to the information filled in the Outlook's dialog?
Or is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Pat

http://farechase.yahoo.com/

Back to the top