Re: [platform-swt-dev] Super sleak

Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 12:10:36 AM, you wrote:

CG> Friday, February 2, 2007, 11:56:33 AM, you wrote:

CM>> This sounds great, Chris!

CM>> Please open a feature request in eclipse Bugzilla under "eclipse -
CM>> platform - swt", and attach your patch. If you did any refactoring or
CM>> reformatting or reorganizing of the code, please revert it for now - we
CM>> can refactor later, but stuff like refactoring and reformatting make it
CM>> impossible to see the real changes. Maybe browse changes yourself first to
CM>> make sure that you are submitting only the real code changes.

CG> Will do.

With 3.3 out the door and 3.4 planning started (or finished, not
sure) I wanted to bring up this feature request again.

As a reminder, the feature request is to add resource and widget
create/dispose callbacks to device. This would make building tools
like Sleak much easier and wouldn't require changes to SWT (after this
one of course :-) )

Steve and I spoke about this at EclipseCon - if I recall correctly,
Steve was concerned about the "boil the ocean" nature of this change
and the API issue.

Anything I can do to help push this along? Is now a good time to make
this change?

-Chris
--
Chris Grindstaff | http://gstaff.org