[platform-swt-dev] Active X and SWT - Failed to create Ole Client error.

Hello Everyone,

I had automated a software using its OLE automation Interface support for OLE clients.
I used Active X support provided in SWT.

Now we are upgrading to a newer version of the software and  facing problem automating it.

When I replace the older version program_id with the newer version:

OleControlSite controlSite = new OleControlSite(frame, SWT.NONE,SOFTWAREXYZ_NEW_PROGID);

I get this excption thrown -
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException : Failed to create Ole Client. result = -2147221164

    which actaully means error- (80040154)    Class not registered

Now what can I conclude out of this?
Why is the class not registered? which class actually is being talked about?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Pranay

Back to the top