Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT browser on Solaris

On 5/24/07, Mathieu Avoine <avoinemt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone would know where to go next?

The Mozilla SWT Browser doesn't yet exist on Solaris x86 at least. I'm
working on this (in fact, I've got an eclipse build running right
now).

The effort involved is:
1. Get Mozilla to build on Solaris 10 x86
I've done this very recently for botht he XulRunner as well as the
Mozilla/Firefox borwser
(http://dynamicproxy.livejournal.com/14809.html)

2. Get Eclipse to build correctly on Solaris.
I suspect that the Eclipse source bundle is not packaged correctly.
Yesterday, a colleague had to make some changed to the build scripts
in order for them to correctly detect the jni.h files. This was for
Linux. I've taken his modifications and am going to do the same for
Solaris.

3. Get Eclipse's SWT Browser component to link against this Mozilla browser.
I'd previously got this right, but there were vtable incompatibility
issues. I'd compiled Mozilla Firefox using SUn Studio, and SWT using
the gcc. After I get the previous step right, I'll work on this one.

4. Announce.
Post instructions to the list on how folks can build Eclipse and
Mozilla for themselves, and then also send patches to the Release
Engineering team.

Estimate: I'm loaded with work, and am coming early to office in order
to get this moving. I'd say this would take about three days at least.

Thanks!
Math

-- Sriram

Back to the top