[platform-swt-dev] SWT Browser Widget & Ole Automation

Title: SWT Browser Widget & Ole Automation

Hi all,

I'm trying to embed Internet Explorer in a SWT container. I first had a look at the org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser widget, which works fine, but then I also took a look at integrating IE via OLE automation (also works fine), because I wanted to look into additional functionality provided by org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleFrame (I would like to add items to the application menu).

Now the problem is that I don't find an equivalent to setText (String html) from the SWT Browser widget when using OLE automation. I took a look at MSDN and didn't find a documented way to pass HTML contents as a string to the explorer and I have to admit that I'm not clear about what is happening in the setText(String) method when I look at the sources.

Is there a straight forward way (assuming there are such things in the COM world) to get to the same setText(String) functionality that the SWT Browser widget provides when directly using OLE automation?

Thanks,
Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.

Back to the top