[platform-swt-dev] FW: Drag & Drop Edge Case

Hello,

            I’ve got an interesting problem I’m trying to work around.  I’ll start with a little background.  I’ve got a Canvas control that I am painting objects onto.  These objects are movable within the canvas by dragging them with the mouse.  The objects are 100% lightweight.  My objective is to allow the objects to be moved as they are now within the canvas area, but if they are dragged to the edge of the canvas my internal move operation would be promoted to an actual DnD operation.  Is there a way to manually send an event of type DND.DragStart into the application event queue to trigger the operation?  My source listener could then check for the event x, y location to determine whether or not it should initiate the drag.  If it is possible (even if not recommended), how would this be accomplished?

Thank you for your time.

Trip Gilman

Eclipse Voice Tools Project Lead

OpenMethods

4741 Central Street  |  Suite 285  |  Kansas City, MO  |  64112-1533

o| +1.816.283.VXML (8965) x102  c| +1.816.729.0672  f| +1.816.817.0643

trip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.openmethods.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Back to the top