Re: [platform-swt-dev] extending SWT

If your new widgets are API compatible with GTK widgets, then you should just be able to recompile.  I'm pretty sure that's not what you are asking.

"Sheldon Dsouza" <sheldond@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/20/2006 08:38 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] extending SWT

Yes they are API compatible

On 12/11/06, Steve Northover <Steve_Northover@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's hard to know how to answer this question.  Are your optimized GTK+ widgets API compatible with the regular GTK widgets?

"Daniel Spiewak" <djspiewak@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/11/2006 10:36 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] extending SWT

You'll have to write Java wrappers for these widgets into SWT just like Button or Text (or any other native widget for that matter).  The Widget#handle field contains the GTKObject which represents the peer for these objects (GTKWindow for Shell I think, and so on).  Most standard GTK methods are available in the org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS class, FYI.

Daniel

On 12/11/06, Sheldon Dsouza <