Re: [platform-swt-dev] Re: SWT Widgets Class Hierarchy

Mohsen Saboorian wrote:

I'm likely to commit suicide :)
Any comment?

I too became very sad when I discovered that SWT has passed up the opportunity to use a good interface-oriented design for its API.

The fact that the decision arose from SWT's origin on memory-constrained platforms (which is why they abandoned AWT) is little solace.

But suicide is not the way to go, even though it brings on many changes.  :)

AOP and SWT's open source nature each offer practical approaches to improving your situation.

AOP is probably the way to go. It can easily be used inject the interfaces you desire for API improvement.

Also it is directly supported in the Eclipse now, so your injection advice could be readily adopted by others who like your improvements.

If they became very popular, it is possible the changes could be adopted by SWT's developers.

Jim