[platform-swt-dev] console-like output?

Hi all,

New to swt and new to this forum so bear with me.

I've created a mini swt app and I have a text box which I'd like to act as a output console.... just so the user is able to see the progess while its processing through an action.

This could be the wrong approach but so far I've created a printToConsole(String abc) method that appends the string to the text.

So upon a submit action, I call a bunch of printToConsole, indicating where it is in the process  (ie.  Searching for document, found doc A,..... Finished search .....etc).

At this point, the text only shows when the submit action has ended where as I'd like it to show on while it is processing through the submit action.

Any ideas on how to do this?  Redraw the text box?  or am I approaching it from the wrong angle.

Thanks,
Eric

Back to the top