Re: [platform-swt-dev] Creating a own event and listener in SWT

Hi Andreas,

(note that swt usage questions like this should be asked on the eclipse.platform.swt newsgroup)

For information on creating new events and listeners (in a custom widget) see http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm#_Toc506634630 .

If you want a widget to send an event as if it had come from the native widget itself then you can create the event and make the widget fire it with notifyListeners(...).

Grant

Andreas Herbig <a.herbig@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/19/2006 05:02 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Creating a own event and listener in SWT

Hi.
I am developing a small application with multiple mouse cursor (hiding
the system mouse cursor). Now I want to create own events and listener
that for example a button does an action by pressing it with my own
created cursor. The problem is I can't use the usual MouseEvent/Listener
stuff for that. Does anybody know or can show me how to develop own
events and make widgets listen to that? Or does anybody know where to
find an overview/explanation (documentation) especially about the
structure of existing events/listeners to get an idea how this works.

Thanks in advance.
Andreas