Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Application Launch configuration

Yep - that's fine, too. And as you say, it's closer to being completely standalone.
Choose the method that you prefer.
Upgrading swt may be simpler (just import the new one) if you don't hardcode the dll name into the java.library.path while you are developing your application.
Carolyn

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/12/2006 12:42 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Application Launch configuration

I can also use Java Application launch configuration,

setting java.library.path as VM argument with value to a folder

where I extract swt-win32-xxxx.dll file

(as dll are packged in swt-win32... jar file).

This is closer to final SWT Standalone run mode, no ?

(I means running this swt application outside from eclipse workbench).

Thanks for your reply.

Arnaud.

Carolyn MacLeod <Carolyn_MacLeod@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/12/2006 06:17 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Application Launch configuration

Don't use an "SWT Application" launch configuration.

Import SWT into your workspace (http://www.eclipse.org/swt/eclipse.php)

and just create a "Java Application" launch configuration.

(Or use Run As -> Java Application)

Carolyn MacLeod

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/12/2006 11:00 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] SWT Application Launch configuration

Hi,

On windows when I launch a SWT application using Eclipse's "SWT Application" launch configuration,

the value of java.library.path is replaced (by Eclipse) with the value:

     java.library.path=C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.ui\1159404583030.swt

1159404583030.swt is a file containing reference to swt's dll, meaning application can load them.

Unfortunetly my application have other dll to load and absolutely need the "system" value of java.library.path

     java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Application\bin;C:\windows\system32

Is there a way to use SWT Application launch configuration where 1159404583030.swt file is appended to java.library.path ?

Is this a bug in SWT Application launch configuration ?

Thanks,

Arnaud.