Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and multihead/ multiple graphics cards environments

At the moment we do not know if this new SWT feature will be accepted by
the SWT
community.  There is no feedback (!!!).
If there is no interest/acceptance for this "multi-screen" feature for
Linux/GTK, it make no sense to spend evaluation effort for Mac OS X.

Nevertheless you can give some answers concerning Mac OS X :

* is there a configuration option Xinerama existing ?
* do the UI-Toolkits support something like the GDK Mulit-head API
  (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/multihead.html)
  Using this api provides the ability to open windows/shells on different
  X-screens (e.g. "0.0" and "0.1") by one application at the same time.

  Rainer

> > We don't have tried to run anything on Mac OS X, due to the lack of
> > opportunities. We do not have a Mac OS X system available.
>
> Rainer,
>    I have a couple of OS X systems, if I can be of help.  I'd be more
> than willing to run whatever tests you have, or report/describe
> behavior, as necessary.  Just holler.
>
> Blake Meike

Back to the top