Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT-Design Decisions

Steve Northover schrieb:

> Hi Tom,
>
> These questions have been asked before.
>
> 1) Interfaces have various advantages and drawbacks.  Defining them for
> the purposes of Javadoc is not in keeping with the small side of the
> toolkit.  What's an "SWT-Binding writer"?

Say I sit down and write a binding for any GUI-Toolkit.

> 2) There could be abstact classes but that would introduce a layer,
> increase the size of the toolkit and make things slower, and possibly
> harder to debug and maintain.

Accepted.

> 3) The idea was to minimize the number of constants in the toolkit.
>  Read the Javadoc for class SWT.

Well I know. What I asked for is if you think it was the right choice? I
often find myself using SWT-Constants although this isn't appropriate
e.g JFaceDialog.open() == SWT.OK (it works but it's not appropriate). If
every class would have provide it's own constants I would ever had the
idea to do so.

Tom

tom schindl    leiter softwareentwicklung/CSE   mobile  ++43 676 3232147
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.bestsolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834