Re: [platform-swt-dev] Is there a Desktop Shortcut tool in SWT?

See the org.eclipse.swt.program.Program class to do file-system and program oriented work.
The swt snippets page has a few snippets to show what this class can do.
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/

SWT is a widget and graphics toolkit, so I don't think the link work would be a good fit. Thanks anyway.

I would just try Google.

Good luck!
Carolyn

"Jim C." <jlistnews@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/21/2006 10:42 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Is there a Desktop Shortcut tool in SWT?

I've a requirement to edit, create & destroy desktop links across
platforms.  Easy enough on Unix, unless we can't use the Unix ln command
and must instead use Window Manager/Desktop specific links.  Right now,
I'm operating under the assumption that every Windows OS has a different
format for the *.lnk file and that this might be the same for Unix
desktop environments.

1. Does SWT provide this functionality?

2. If not and I am allowed to write and perhaps subsequently donate this
code, would it be accepted?

3. Does anyone know where I can find specs for these file formats
(Especially Windows)?

Jim C.