Re: [platform-swt-dev] Re: Where can I ask this question?

What is "gmane"? Do you mean "gmail"? The swt newsgroup is not a gmail newsgroup - it is an eclipse newsgroup.
You have to register before going to any eclipse newsgroup (this keeps the spam down).
To register, fill in and submit this form: http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/register.php
After you have registered, type the following url into your browser: news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform.swt

It sounds like you need "Getting Started" information. Please see: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/
Click on the Documents link to see if there are any books or articles that you think would help you get started.
Look at the widgets, then download and set up eclipse, and try running a few SWT snippets.
Get the eclipse examples from the eclipse download page that you got eclipse from, and run the SWT ControlExample.

Good luck,
Carolyn

"Jim C." <jlistnews@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/21/2006 10:16 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Daniel Spiewak wrote:
> Better place to ask would be the eclipse.platform.swt newsgroup.

Unfortunately, I can't find eclipse.platform.swt in gmane newsgroups.

Jim C.