[platform-swt-dev] Is there a Desktop Shortcut tool in SWT?

I've a requirement to edit, create & destroy desktop links across platforms. Easy enough on Unix, unless we can't use the Unix ln command and must instead use Window Manager/Desktop specific links. Right now, I'm operating under the assumption that every Windows OS has a different format for the *.lnk file and that this might be the same for Unix desktop environments.

1. Does SWT provide this functionality?

2. If not and I am allowed to write and perhaps subsequently donate this code, would it be accepted?

3. Does anyone know where I can find specs for these file formats (Especially Windows)?

Jim C.

Back to the top