Re: [platform-swt-dev] Where can I ask this question?

Better place to ask would be the eclipse.platform.swt newsgroup.

The answer is "yes".  EPL is pretty lax and AFAIK just requires that you have the EPL license somewhere if you are extending SWT, repackaging and redistributing it.  If you're just using the API, I don't think there are any requirements.  But if you're seriously considering this, I would have your company's legal team take a look, just in case.  (better safe than sorry)

Daniel