Re: [platform-swt-dev] Shell size issue

Doesn't Shell.pack() do what you want?

<Jeff.Schlaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/07/2006 09:14 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Shell size issue

Is there some default that is setting the shell size when one does not use shell.setSize(x,y). I though the Layout's (Layout and GridData) were used to set the size.  I have a shell that is huge and all I'm putting in the shell is a 400 x 100 composite.

My goal is to have the composite determine the size of the shell, and that is not happening.

I use Visual SWT and created a dummy shell with no size the properties say that the size is 173x 73 but when I run it on my PC it displays at 1024x768.
What am I missing?

Thanks Jeff