Re: [platform-swt-dev] Advanced Graphics

I'm using Windows XP SP2, with an IBM's  javaw.exe -Xj9.

You can see what I means by all drawing failed after first rotated drawText("Altitude (m)") .

Here is a snapshot of shell after a simple paint event:

Here is a snapshot of shell after a resize:

any incompatibility with ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 graphic card ?

Thanks,
Arnaud

Steve Northover <Steve_Northover@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2006 04:22 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Advanced Graphics

There is nothing special you have to do to enable advanced graphics.  What operating system are you running?  Are you running javaw.exe?  On Windows, some people have reported that this makes a difference (although I have never seen it myself).

Since you have many problems and they all sound related, enter a bug report with just one of them (say GC.drawXXX() not rendered).  Please include a small stand alone snippet that shows the problem. Thanks!

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2006 09:50 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Advanced Graphics

Hi,

I'm writing a SWT standalone application that need Advanced Graphics (for text rotation and alpha...).

I'm facing the following behaviour:

- when Canvas is repainted,  graphics works until a rotation is required, after any following GC.drawXXX() call are not rendered at screen.

- when I resize the shell contaning the canvas manually, all the drawing are rendered correctly (including rotated texts).

- for both cases event.gc.getAdvanced() return false (even is rotated text are rendered).

- If at start of paintControl() method I set event.gc.setAdvanced(true), all the painting are very slow.

- same kind of program inside an eclipse workbench does not have the rendering problem.

I'm using an IBM jre with/without -Xj9 option on a recent T60p (having DirectX9.0c)...

Is there any option I should use at program or jre launch ? any code I have to write to set my application to advanced graphics

when it starts ?

Any help is welcome !

Thanks,

Arnaud.

PS: my application Display is create using simple "new Display()", but I also tried Display.getDefault() and Display.getCurrent() which

failed drawing advanced graphics too.